Monday, April 19, 2010

Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill

Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill
55 Mill Street
(416) 361-5859
www.purespirits.ca

I absolutely love this restaurant! It is located in the heart of the Distillery District. Quite a neat area to check out if you haven't been you should definately check it out. Cars are not allowed in that area and there are a bunch of resto-bars, some unique stores, and a beautiful art gallery.

I've been here twice and I believe they switch their menus periodically. The second time I went I did not see any of the mains I ordered from my first visit (unless they switched chefs?) The quality of the food was just as good both times. It is a rather large restaurant (I discovered a huge party room downstairs on my way to the bathroom) but the atmonsphere is very intimate and cozy. Definately a good choice if you want to kick back and enjoy a glass of wine while enjoying some oysters and good food.

One thing that did dissappoint me was the fact that they menu changes so much. On my first visit I loved the scallops and spinach appetizer and my seared ahi tuna as a main. I was looking forward to having the two again on my second visit but neither were offered. Although I was disappointed this did force me to try something new on their menus and I was not disappointed by those either.


Grilled calamari; mango salad


Seared scallops with spinach and bacon

Grilled tenderloin steak

Seared ahi tuna

Oysters


Steak frites

No comments:

Post a Comment