Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blacksmith's Bistro

Please check out a previous post for the contact information of Blacksmith's! I am just sitting here flipping channels and I came across TLC.... I think I have found my new favourite show... FOOD BUDDHA! This show is about an asian chef from Sunda Restaurant in Chicago... he likes to travel around and find inspiration for dishes at his restaurant by ordering ONE OF EVERYTHING on the menu.. everywhere he goes... HOW does anyone eat like this? I am much more amazed than I am disgusted... at least I think so? If only I could do that... even one bite of each dish will be too much for me... and you think I loved food? Wait 'til you watch the Food Buddha in action! I have to admit... the dishes he tries all look amazing! He always asks the chef to teach him how to make his favourite dish out of the ones he's tried! I want to try to make some of these things...

I haven't blogged in awhile but after watching the Food Buddha, all I could think about WAS food! Here are some pictures from my second trip to Blacksmith's Bistro on Main Street. This time we sat on the patio as it was a beautiful day! They have a more secluded patio in the back of the restaurant if you are looking for a more intimate setting but it does start to fill up after awhile! I guess Blacksmith's delicious food is a well known fact! We were actually headed to Il Postino and Unionville Pizza Co. but they were both closed on Sundays... : ( O well! I won't complain.. just check out the amazing dishes we tried and you'll know why! Definately my new favourite patio destination.


Seafood linguine in pesto sauce ( I LOVE PESTO !)

Funghi thin crust wood oven pizza! The only thing is that I hate blue cheese... aside from that.... the pizza was amazing! I just picked the cheese out...

mMmMMmmmm oysters... beside the Tobasco is some home made sauce of peppers? I have no idea what is in it but it had a very distinct taste

caesar salad

black olive bread with balsamic vinegar & olive oil! yummm

No comments:

Post a Comment