Thursday, June 24, 2010

The School Fine Dining

The School Fine Dining
4121 14th Avenue
(905) 477-1161
www.theschoolfinedining.com

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we both enjoyed it. We weren't incredibly happy about the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp did not taste fresh at all and was a little chewy.. I'm guessing it might have been over cooked? I don't know.. I definately wouldn't order it again.. For that price I'd much rather buy a frozen shrimp cocktail ring from Costco.. (they have shrimp rings with larger shrimps there fyi!)

Our favourite part is no doubt the Irish Coffee. I expected the drink to arrive at the table already put together. To our suprise, instead, the waiter showed up with a side table with an open flame and several cups of liquid. I am not 100% sure but I believe he first coated the rim of the glass in sugar and caramelized it over the flame. He then warmed up the coffee and layered it into the glass. The concoction was then topped with a mound of fresh cream and then warm whisky. Absolutely delicious and it made for quite a show! Definately order this! It is worth the $12.

You will also be suprised at how big the portions of the mains are. If you look below, the prime rib we ordered was the $38 dish for ONE person. It was about 3 inches thick and 10 inches wide! We did not expect that and could not finish it at all.

A must try is also the sea bass! It was very enjoyable! The sauce compliments it so well and the baked/fried cheese risotto was delicious (at least.. that's what I thought it was?)




Shrimp cocktail & oysters on half shell

Sea Bass!

Prime rib

Irish Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment