Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fraticelli's Italian Grill & Lounge

Fraticelli's Italian Grill & Lounge
10 Vogell Road
(905) 883-6841

I can't decide how I feel about this restaurant but I can say that I do like it? My first visit, I was turned off by the service. Waiters took away our bread without asking first and we weren't done with it. I thought that was really rude.. Another time one of my friends found 2 pieces of plastic in his pasta and another friend's chicken was undercooked... I know I am starting on a bad note but the food was good for me at least?

One thing I have to comment on is consistency.. that is probably the biggest issue I have with this restaurant. I've had the chicken rotolo twice, the spaghetti del pescatore twice, and the mushroom risotto twice. Not once have they tasted the same... It was always better one time than the other. It's not that I don't like the restaurant...it's really the consistency that bothers me. I want to know that if I visit a restaurant again to have a dish that I liked before, it will taste the same as the last time I had it or better.

Anyways, my picks: cheese fonduta, seafood del pescatore, grilled squid, chicken rotolo, and the arugula & proscuitto pizza.


Flourless chocolate & hazelnut flourless cake. Berry compote & meringue. Until I tasted how sour the berries were and how weird it tasted with the cake, I didn't know to pair it with the meringue instead!

Arugula & proscuitto pizza

Mushroom risotto - much better on 1 visit vs. the other

Grilled squid

Birthday cannelloni

Cheese fonduta

Rosemary chicken

Musselssss

Seafood del pescatore

Chicken rotolo - pinwheel pasta stuffed w/ cheese & chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment