Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Sad Note

I have to regrettably inform you that I may not be able to have as frequent posts as prior after today... sadly.. I have discovered that I have high choleserol.. a problem which I didn't think was apparent in people my age? But I guess my lack ( or complete absence of ) exercise and unhealthy binging does not help the situation! At one point I thought I may even have tape worms as I was always hungry and always eating ! Now I shall try a little more to avoid that voice in the back of my mind that says, "Eat it.. eat it!!!"

I just went through the extensive list of foods I should avoid that my doctor handed to me..... there is a LOT of stuff on this list! .... it makes me wonder what I CAN eat... it's not actually that bad.... I can still eat fruits & vegetables which I love..... whole wheat carbs.. which I can deal with although I prefer its much less healthy cousin, processed white carbs. I'm also supposed to have half a cup of fruit 3 times a day with no added sugar... this gets me thinking.. I used to eat SO MUCH HEALTHIER in high school when I would have a giant box of fruit for lunch instead of fried rice, fried noodles / frozen foods.... I think I sense a lifestyle change...

Here is the list if you are interested.. it got me quite depressed...

bacon, sausage, duck, geese, turkey/chicken skin, processed meats, spam, bugers, organs, shrimp, caviar (i'm assuming all seafood? - o god I don't think I can do this), no more than 2 eggs a day - this has to be the problem right here... I LOVE EGGS and at 1 point I had about 2 eggs a day...

coconut, butter, cream sauce, lose some fat? 2%/higher milk, yogurt, milkhakes, cakes, cookies, ice cream - from the looks of this list I am also going to be calcium deficient.. but since I am iron deficient, doctor suggested I take some vitamins instead?

here's the funniest part: anything baked that has sugar/egg/oil.... hmm... it's pretty hard to find something baked which does NOT have any of that stuff... it then went to clarify: especially danishes, croissants, puff pastry, donuts - then it said again "lose some fat" - mind you, this list was in Chinese so I cannot tell accurately if it meant for ME to lose some weight or the foods i'm eating.....

Oh and it continues......chocolate, fried dim sum, candy, jelly, jam, syrup, lose some fat (see? again? I need to figure out if they mean me or not the list is offending me), chocolate covered nuts, gravy, pop, and finally, sweetened juices..

THE END... now I must eat healthier, start exercising, and opting out for the foods glistening in oil/trans fats...... To be honest I don't mind.. there a few vegetarian spots around school that I like, and sushi is apparently very healthy too! I guess I can survive... But.. to be honest, with my new careful watch on my diet, I may not be eating out as much : (

Goodbye dear eggs benedict... which has at least 2 eggs on its own with a sauce which is made from egg yolk....... cholesterol party... It feels like I have lost a dear friend...

I will not be continuing my hunt for Toronto's best benedict...

No comments:

Post a Comment