Monday, August 30, 2010

Eight Wine Bar

Eight Wine Bar
Cosmopolitan Toronto Hotel
8 Colborne Street
www.eightwinebar.com


Eight Wine Bar is a nice place I would say to take your date / go for a girls night... The atmosphere was very chic and I took a picture of the decor ! I love pink : ) Food was just mediocre but to be honest, I don't think it's fair to judge a restaurant based on just Summerlicious / Winterlicious... Usually doesn't taste as good as on regular days..

One thing that bugged me was how far the washrooms were! Well I wasn't that annoyed.. it just seemed very far at the time because I really had to go.... anyways... interesting thing is that it appears the kitchen is in a basement? I noticed everytime the waiters/waitresses had to get something they would have to go down a flight of stairs before coming back up... what a great form of exercise for them!

If I was traveling and ended up staying at the hotel I might eat there.. or go for drinks as I am in the hotel.. but there are lots of choices around that area and in terms of food, it would not be my first choice..



Crab and Pea Risotto with Poached Egg served with Hollandaise and Crispy Bacon
Delicious! A little too filling though... my friend and I had to share this because it was very stuffing.... I think the main reason we barely touched dessert was that we were too full from this !


Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Mousse Stuffed Vine-Ripened Tomato
served with Avocado and Grilled Crostini

I'm not a big fan of goat cheese... but my friend loved this ! I do love avocado on everything soooo... naturally, this got a thumbs up :)



Prosciutto-Wrapped Striploin
served with Roasted Yukon Potato Stuffed with Vegetable Curry Ragout, Corn Succotash and Mint Pesto

I didn't really like this... the striploin was tender but not THAT great... I prefer my steaks without proscuitto wrapped around it since I enjoy dishes that aren't as strong in flavours... but... again.. it was ok... I did not like the potato and neither did my friend... so that wasn't really touched...


Pan Seared Lake Trout with Citrus Cous-Cous Stuffed Napa Cabbage Timbale
served with Roasted Red Beets and Peach Butter Sauce


Fish was good... but the side had no taste :S.... it just tasted like steamed / boiled veggies within the cabbage which was also tasteless...

Pineapple and Banana Strudel
served with Warm Chocolate Sauce and Lemon Frozen Yogurt

Yummyyy!! Highlight of my night! Too bad I couldn't really eat anything by this point.. the risotto really really filled me up... but I love puff pastry & banana :D



Bread and Butter Pudding with Espresso Anglaise

I liked this ! I've never had bread & butter pudding before : ) the espresso anglaise really complimented it well ! Too bad I was also too full to eat much of this : (

No comments:

Post a Comment