Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Carmelina

Carmelina
7501 Woodbine Avenue
(647) 800 -8824
www.dine.to/carmelina


I love this restaurant & it's location! About 5minutes away from my boyfriend's house. We will definately be back! I think it's the best Italian food I've had in Markham! I've always wanted to try it but we always just drove by.. we've been missing out!

The decor gives off a warm family / romantic vibe. European style decor was every where, you would've thought you were in Italy having a meal on a patio! (I haven't been to Europe, I can only imagine!) It's also very decently priced - much cheaper than a ticket to Italy :) so unless you had a lot of extra $$ I would check out Carmelina first.




Steamed mussels with chopped tomatoes and leeks in white wine garlic butter sauce - best mussels I've had, extremely rich in flavours and the mussels were huge! For once I get mussels which were nice and meaty for under $15 and it was plentiful too!

daily special: lamb rack :) didn't taste lamby - yay ! - this was the day's special ! they may not have this everyday but definately try it out if it is available!

linguini fruitti de mare
mussels, shrimp, clams, scallop, calamari in white wine tomato sauce - again delicious, the portions were so big I could not finish this as I wanted to save room for dessert and I packed it. There was a whole extra meal waiting for me the next day!


tiramisuuuuu - melts in your mouth ! I haven't had tiramisu better than this :)


cappucinooo - cool cup

No comments:

Post a Comment