Sunday, July 11, 2010

Morton's The Steakhouse

Morton's The Steakhouse
4 Avenue Road
(416) 925-0648
www.mortons.com/toronto/

I went to Morton`s for a friend`s birthday dinner. Some dishes were quite good, but for a steakhouse you would imagine their specialty would be steak.. it was actually quite the opposite.. The steak was not good at ALL.. the cut of meat is to blame... My friend and I ordered some dishes to split, the filet mignon being one of them. The steak was so hard to chew and full of tendons that I didn't even finish it... I haven't had such a bad steak at a high class restaurant before.. and the fact that it was about $50 for just the piece of meat and it wasn't even great? Big disappointment... luckily, the rest of the dishes made up for it.

We also ordered the tuna tartare which was delicious. I would've added some thinly sliced cucumbers and a little dash of sesame oil and pepper to taste.. but nonetheless, it was delicious. Mostly because I am a huge fan of avocado and tuna! The sea bass with mango pepper salad was amazing. I absolutely loved it! Not only because I love bass but the fact that everything tasted so well together! Definately try that and the tuna tartare if you visit this restaurant.. I can't say the same about the other dishes..

My friends who had the chicken christopher said it tasted like a $30 piece of fried chicken cutlet and my friends who had the salmon wasn't thrilled either. If you are planning to order sides, opt for the spinach & mushrooms, as you can see from below, if you order the brocolli, it comes in a giant uncut steamed stalk with some hollandaise sauce.....

Since this is located in the Yorkville district you may bump into some celebrities! As we were dining, the band Iron Maiden made a suprise visit into our room and 1 of them sang happy birthday to our friend! I didn't know who they were until after though....Verdict? Tuna tartare & sea bass amazing, everything else? just.. okay... steak? NOT worth the money... they might've just messed up once, perhaps you will have better luck!


Complimentary big bread

Tuna Tartare

Filet Mignon

Sea Bass with mango pepper salsa

Brocolli stalk??

Chicken christopher

Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment