Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Hunt for the Perfect Eggs Benedict

I am absolutely in loveeeee with eggs benedict since my first exposure to it about two years ago! It is such an addictive dish seeing as I am a huge fan of english muffins and eggs! I would have to say that so far my favourite place for breakfast and eggs benedict is at Eggspectations downtown! Cora's is okay.. simply because I enjoy the fruit on the side but really.. NOTHING compares to Eggspectations! Go try it out!

Below are some photos from my recent breakfast experiences... Eggsmart? So many of these opened up recently and it just blew up! I think within the last 6 months 4 opened up within 15minutes distance from my house... it took me awhile before I decided to try it out! I first tried the one at Bayview and Elgin Mills! My friend and I had the omelete and the peameal bacon & eggs. The eggs were delicious, perfectly done sunny side up (my favourite way to have eggs). The potatoes were mediocre but at least it isn't greasy/burnt at some other places... One thing was that I actually ordered the Eggs benedict but they got my order wrong and I got peameal bacon & eggs...The service was great though, they apologized and even happily offered to switch my order for me but it looked pretty good so I just tried it!


So I decided to try out the Eggsmart at Highway 7 & Kennedy.... TOTALLY different experience... and I mean that in the worst way possible......I guess you have to be careful WHICH Eggsmart you go to... just LOOK at the eggs benedict below... I'm sure you can pick out what's wrong with this photo without even being there! The Hollandaise sauce was cold and chunky... the eggs were hard poached when I asked for soft/medium... my English muffin was burnt... same with the potatoes (which were not only burnt but uncooked in the middle)... I wanted to skip the main course and move onto the fruits until I realized the orange looked so dry it seems it had sat there on that plate all day! Needless to say.... I will not be back...

A great place for you to get breakfast food at any time of the day is Pickle Barrel! Yea my potatoes were a little burnt and the fruit kabob was just normal but the eggs benedict was pretty good! I have to try the other version with smoked salmon and spinach next time! Sounds delicious. I had this at dinner time which is always great! Let me know if you know of any locations in Markham (other than Golden Griddle) where I can have breakfast during dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment