Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trevor Kitchen & Bar

Winterlicious Part 4 - 2010 Finale

Trevor Kitchen & Bar
38 Wellington Street East
M5E 1C7
(416) 941 - 9410

: ( tear... this was my last booking for Winterlicious 2010 but at least I ended it with a BANG! Trevor Kitchen was amazing. I was very impressed with the portions... in fact I was so full I had to lie down and watch some TV when I got home before I blogged.

The place was riddled with people in their suits and dress shirts. I guess it is a popular hang out for people after work? Trevor Kitchen has won the Wine Spectacular Award for 2 years now... the location of our table gave us a sneak peek into their giant wine cellar! When I say giant i mean GIANT......it was filled wall to wall, floor to ceiling with wine....

The duck confit sheppard's pie was very unique. I love duck and I love mashed potatoes but I have never thought of putting the 2 together!

I'm not a big fan of salad... I am very picky with my raw vegetables but I tried the argula for the first time today. It had a very nutty taste and I did not mind it at all. The vinagrette was very delicious. I cannot tell what was in it but it went very well with the arugula.

The chicken was also great. Another thing I haven't tried before : sweet potato & buttermilk gravy.... WOWWWWWWWWW try it try it try it ! Winterlicious is over but it is on their regular menu :) I just checked because I want to go back for more.

The steak was okay... not amazing but not bad. I am still on the search for a steak that will top my experience at the Barberian's Steakhouse last year..if you haven't been there before, check it out. It is a bit pricey but I have yet to find a better steak.

I love mushrooms... so naturally I liked this decor

Argula Salad


Parsnip Soup

Duck Confit Sheppard's Pie

Northern Ontario whitefish with confit potatoes

Sweet potatoe & buttermilk gravy on roast chicken with a giant perogie!

Surf & Turf with goat cheese poutine

Passionfruit Tiramisu

Creme brulee ... I prefer it hot instead of cold

Dark chocolate & caramel torte with a hint of peanut butter... the piece of toffee / caramel tasted exactly like the middle part of a Skor chocolate bar... but BETTER!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm looks delicious, keep up the good work, keep it coming

    ReplyDelete