Monday, February 15, 2010

Ippai Japanese Fusion Cuisine

Ippai Japanese Fusion Cuisine
8865 Woodbine Avenue
L3R 5G1
(905) 470- 1688

Me & my boyfriend went here yesterday for Valentines Day dinner... I can never get sick of sushi / sashimi... I don't know why!

He had encouraged me to try it for awhile after he went there one time and loved the food... My verdict? I will be back for sure..I only live 2 minutes away : )

The sashimi was very fresh and better than I had expected. The Tai (red snapper) sashimi really amused me... only because I usually HATE red snapper sashimi ( that clear-ish looking fish 2nd from the left in the top row )... I find that at most places, the red snapper sashimi still has a bit of a "dirt" taste left on it... I don't know what it is about red snapper that makes it taste like dirt but it did not taste like dirt here, which is always good.

The Tuna tataki was good. I loved the dipping sauce they provided with it.. very tangy / gingery ... I don't quite know what it is that I loved so much about the sauce but it went very well with the tataki... my only comment would be that I wished they would serve salmon like this ! I have had it in Hong Kong before and also Yang's Kitchen on hwy7 and kennedy... but I haven't been able to find seared salmon sashimi anywhere : (

This place also serves fresh oysters. It just so happens that the day we went, they had Kumamoto (my favourite kind!) The oysters were a bit small but Kumamoto's tend to be small anyways... I just love oysters!

The ramen was good too... I think it is much better than Ajisai... The noodles were better.. and I just liked the fact that you can customize your ramen! You start off by choosing a soup base and a type of noodle then you can add as many ingredients in it as you want. I really appreciated the fact that just because we ordered grilled salmon & bbq pork with ours, they didn't charge us for both and halve the portions. We got a full portion of both the bbq pork AND grilled salmon!

We intended to try to dessert but we ordered way too much and couldn't eat anymore! I will definately be back when I am not sick to try their Sake Sampler. $9 for 3 shooters of imported Japanese Sake (not available in LCBO) and then try their desserts (I saw crepes, waffles, deep fried ice cream, deep fried banana ice cream, and much more than I can't wait to try!)


Sashimi B set 18 pieces

Dragon roll ( choose your topping of eel / tuna / salmon )


Tuna Tataki

Kumamoto

Grilled 3 kinds of mushrooms : )

BBQ pork & grilled salmon ramen in miso soup

No comments:

Post a Comment