Friday, March 5, 2010

Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
230 Commerce Valley Drive East
(905) 764 - 6959
www.batonrougerestaurants.com

Now I know Baton Rouge is a restaurant chain but usually I find that when it comes to restaurant chains, often some are better than others. I haven't been to the other Baton Rouge but I can tell you that this one is amazing. It wasn't my first time there but my boyfriend took me there for Birthday dinner #1.

I tried something new that day: filet mignon and spring mix. I hate salad... I am really really picky with salad... before I would only eat the medium green parts of lettuce....yes I pick out the dark parts and the white parts -- there is a difference in taste! But slowly I am learning to appreciate salads after having the arugula salad at Trevor....

I can't believe I have never tried a filet mignon before... I never knew the differences between the cuts of meat but the filet mignon was very tender and juicy. I tried a bit of my boyfriend's prime rib and it was delicious also!

Yay! New favourite steak place close to home for a decent price.


Spring mix which I drizzled over with olive oil and balsamic vinegar


Jumbo shrimp cocktail - nothing spectacular but when they say jumbo they aren't lying. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all, it just didntt make me jump out of my chair.


Grilled prime rib


Grilled filet mignon with mMMmmmmm buttery bacon mashed potatoes

seriously... I am salivating looking at this photo again.... I loveeee steak ! I know some people prefer this with bacon wrapped around it but I rather enjoyed the taste of the meat on it's own : )


No comments:

Post a Comment