Monday, March 22, 2010

Holt's Cafe

Holt's Cafe
Bay & Bloor (located in the underground mall area)

I stumbled upon this place while shopping in the mezzanine near Bay & Bloor in the Holt Renfrew Center... they serve a variety of hot dishes and such but I wasn't too hungry so I wandered over to the dessert area.. This place has an open concept where you order your food .. pick up what you want and pay at the cash register before you eat.. sort of like RichTree. I couldn't resist.. all the desserts looked great ! Me and my friend chose 3 cakes... at the cash register the lady giggled... well.. it's not my fault I have a sweet tooth >=(

I asked her if we made good choices and she began to tell us that there are customers who come by and will ONLY eat the raspberry cheese cake and mango tarte which we chose... off to a great start I see ! They were both really good actually... I like the mango tarte better.. not as filling.. or it could be because by the time I got to the cheesecake I was stuffed...

Pistacio & strawberry tarte... I wasn't such a fan of.. neither was my friend.. I ate all the strawberries though : )

I want to try their food next time.. It was pretty busy even at 4pm so I assume it should be good! Cakes weren't overly expensive either for their size.. they were pretty big... I think it was about $7 each? No idea...

MANGO TARTE :)




Mango Tarte

Raspberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Pistachio Tarte



No comments:

Post a Comment